DOUBLE A LEVEL
1. Roster batting with 3 outs per inning; 4 balls, 3 strikes in an expanded strike zone (shoulders to mid-shin). Managers should attempt to equalize the number of at-bats for each player over the course of the season.
2. Six inning game; No new inning may start after 80 minutes. Umpire announces starting time. Inning starts after 3rd out.
3. Ten fielders (includes a pitcher, catcher, 4 outfielders, 4 infielders.)
4. Five run limit completes the half-inning. Run Rule: 10 runs after 4 innings.
5. First 2-3 Weeks of Season will consist of pitching machine. 4 pitches than out no walks
6. 2 innings per pitcher (National Pitching Rules Apply) during 2nd ½ season.
6.1. Innings do not have to be consecutive.
6.2. One pitch in an inning constitutes an inning.
6.3. If pitcher throws 4 balls to the batter, an offensive coach will come to the rubber and throw 2 pitches to the batter. If the batter puts the ball in play, he must run as on any batted ball. If he is not able to put the ball in play, he is called out.
6.4. Offensive coach may pitch the ball anywhere from the mound to half the distance to home plate.
6.5. The defensive pitcher remains next to the offensive coach while the coach pitches. The pitcher may stand to the right or left of the coach, adjacent to the rubber and may field a batted ball.
6.6. Any batted ball that hits the offensive coach that is pitching, is a dead ball and the batter is awarded 1st base. The coach must attempt to stay out of the way of the defensive team after releasing the pitch.
6.7. Stealing of bases is suspended while the offensive coach is pitching.
7. Coach may warm-up pitchers (while catcher puts on gear) (Rule 3.09)
8. Play is complete and runners MAY NOT advance when fielding team has ball under control in the infield. (Rule 5.11) (Rule 7.13)
9. Base stealing is permitted after ball crosses home plate. Stealing home is permitted during 2nd ½ of season. Starting May 17th
10. Two coaches allowed on field when batting – in 1st & 3rd base coach’s box. One coach may be in the field when team is fielding.
11. All batters must wear batting helmets with faceguards.
12. Offensive players or defensive players not in the game but entering playing field must wear a helmet.
13. Infield Fly Rule WILL NOT be in effect. (Rule 2.00 Note 2)
14. All National Rules apply.